Monday, September 12

Mexican inspired bean salad

I received tomatillos in our CSA share a few weeks ago. In the past, I had roasted them, and used the Cuisinart to make a salsa, but I wanted to try something different.  So...I made some bean salad with them.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups tomatillos, husks removed and washed
  • large can of black beans, rinsed
  • 1 cup of corn
  • cherry tomatoes
  • fresh parsley and/or cilantro
  • Cholula Chipotle hot sauce to taste
The tomatillos have a paper-like husk on them.  Remove the husk (they easily peel off) and rinse well. Slice in half.  Rinse your can of black beans and slice the cherry tomatoes.  Combine the first four ingredients in a large dish.  Top with fresh parsley and/or cilantro (I prefer cilantro) and toss on some Choulula Chipotle for taste. To keep this dish vegan, omit any cheese, but you can also add goat cheese for more flavor.




No comments: