Wednesday, September 14

Peppers and sausage

Ok, so the Local Food Lady is a Phillies fan. So is my mister.  We try to get to a game or two during the year and when we go, I always want a sandwich with peppers and sausage.  I don't know why, but that stuff is tasty (I'm sure it is all of the grease that is on the grill that adds that "super secret" ingredient).

We made a local version at home while we were waiting out Hurricane Irene.By the way, Hurricane Irene is definitely not a dinner guest you want to have.  Many of the farms in her path suffered severe crop loss and erosion issues.  Darn you, Irene!

Here's what we used to make our sandwiches:
As usual, every great dish begins with olive oil + [something]. Tonight, it was onions and green peppers.  Once the onions were translucent, I added the sausage. Cooked it low and slow until ready for dinner.  Served on great French bread from St. Peter's Bakery and topped with grated cheese.



No comments: