Sunday, September 29

There's something awesome about double chocolate cookies.

So, as I have said before, the mister and me are doing a nutrition challenge. We are on day 14 right now. One big thing I'm missing is beer, but also I have had a craving for something sweet. Since we are avoiding sugar, even a teeny bit of honey (I'm talking a droplet) is enough.  It's amazing how the palate will change when you eliminate something from it. 

Yesterday evening, I decided to indulge that sweet craving and make some double chocolate chip cookies.  
  • 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • scant 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/8 c. buckwheat honey (you can use regular honey)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips - I used "Enjoy Life Mega Chunks"
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
3. In a small mixing bowl beat egg, honey, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
5. Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
6. The mega chunks are a little too big, so I suggest chopping them first.  Stir in chocolate chunks.
7. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, create balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size. Give them a little thumb print because they won't spread out like normal cookies.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.


They were incredible with some almond milk.  Enjoy!!



No comments: