Tuesday, August 16

An avalanche...

...of cherry tomatoes has overtaken our refrigerator.   I guess the summer of 2011 has been a good year for this crop--no mention of tomato blight this year.  I'm even having great luck with the cherry tomatoes that are growing in my containers.

What the heck am I supposed to do with all of these cherry tomatoes?  I know...roast them!  Roast them for the later months, when I'll be pining for a taste of summer.  So, on Saturday, I de-stemmed those that had them, tossed them in some olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.  I baked them on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees until they started to split open.  I let them cool in their juices and then stored them in the freezer. They'll be hanging out there until I get a hankering to make tomato sauce or tomato soup...


No comments: