Friday, August 12

Sometimes a salad and a side are just fine

It was a weeknight, and sometimes I'm just not in the mood for cooking. This night was one of those nights, so I figured that a salad and a side would be enough and would not require a ton of work and I wouldn't need to use the stove.

What comes to mind when you hear the term, "side dish?"  Potatoes? French fries? Cole slaw? Green beans? Spinach? 
How about some cucumbers with hummus?  That's mykind of side dish.

Even though I do most of the food preparation in our house, the mister is VERY helpful.  Knowing that I wasn't up for cooking much, he did some prep work for me--washing, peeling and cutting of vegetables.  As I was getting ready to prepare dinner, he confessed that he accidentally cut up some zucchini thinking that it was cucumbers. No big whoop, I knew what we were going to have salad for dinner and a side...so, I just cooked up the zucchini and enjoyed that instead.

The mister was nostalgic for his mom's tomato cucumber salad, so he chopped up some cucumbers, added some red and yellow tomatoes, topped it with salt and pepper and miracle whip. 

Cucumber & tomato salad
Cucumber salad










Close up 
Close up
















Tonight's dinner
My salad











The mister's salad




No comments: