Wednesday, July 20

Welcome to the Local Food Lady's Blog

First post...I guess I should introduce myself.  I'm a thirty-something lady, have a husband and a dog. I work full time and have a long commute (which gives me plenty of time to think about, "what am I making for dinner tonight?"). I like to run and be outdoors, and I'm a little bit afraid of bees, but I love honey. I don't mind getting dirty.

I like to cook with local foods. When not sourced locally, I try to eat as organically as possible, sticking with whole, real foods.  I like to drink local beer. I love ice cream. I don't bake often, but will find myself in the middle of a marathon weekend of baking pies, cookies, and breads.  I usually bring leftovers for lunch. I compost. I collect rainwater. I don't think I'm a hippie, but I have been called one before. I can eat the same breakfast for weeks at a time. I am not wealthy, but I have enough to live within my means. 

I'm grateful for the many resources that surround me:
  • a year-round Farmer's Market that is walking distance from my house
  • membership in a veggie CSA, both in the summer and winter; a membership in a 15-week fruit CSA
  • a job that pays me enough to afford these local food sources
  • a desire to cook (along with a husband who is willing to test) many different dishes
  • the ability to prepare/eat foods out of my "comfort zone"
Welcome. I hope you like what you read and try to make a few dishes of your own.

No comments: